You may not realize it, but when you see dark spots on someone’s skin, it is really one of the most common signs of visible skin damage. While most people don’t start to show this particular sign of damage until they are over the age of 40, it is also common for people to show damage from years of exposure to UV rays as early as 30 years old.
The #1 Cause of Premature Skin Aging
The premature signs of skin aging can include wrinkles, loss of skin elasticity, and pigmentation spots (age spots). What most people do not realize is how preventable these signs of skin aging really are. In fact, the #1 cause of these signs of aging is easy to protect against. I’m talking about reducing your exposure to ultra-violet rays from the sun. They include long wave ultraviolet A (UVA), and short wave ultraviolet B (UVB) rays.
- UVA rays tend to penetrate into deep layers of the skin into the dermis (the thickest layer of skin).
- UVB rays usually burn the top layer of the skin (the epidermis) and overtime, may result in permanent damage showing as premature signs of aging.
UV exposure accounts for up to an estimated 80% of the visible signs of aging in the skin including dry appearance, scalping, and wrinkling.1
One of the best ways to protect your skin from the early signs of aging includes reducing the risk of sun exposure. Because being outdoors means that you will absorb ultra-violet rays from the sun, it is highly recommended by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that you wear a sunscreen with at least an SPF of 15 (Sun Protection Factor). But remember: a high SPF does not necessarily mean that the sunscreen offers better protection. The FDA notes that in order to protect the skin from both UVA, and UVB rays, a broad-spectrum sunscreen is required.
Other ways to reduce UV skin damage (photodamage):
- Limit your time in direct sunlight (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.), and if you want to get a suntan, still apply a sunscreen to reduce skin cell damage.
- Wear additional sunblock in the form of hats, sunglasses, and sleeved shirts.
- Reapply sunscreen at least every two hours, and more often if you’re sweating, or in water.2
Can I Repair Dark Spots?
Dark spots are just one of the most common signs of premature aging, caused by prolonged damage to the skin from UV rays. It is highly common for people who love to spend time sun tanning, or in the outdoors to experience dark spots, or other hyperpigmentation issues before the age of 40. However, it is most common for people over the age of 40 to notice changes in the pigment of their skin. Otherwise known as dark spots, these skin color changes can be repaired with a doctor recommended dark spot corrector.
Enter the Beverly Hills MD Dark Spot Corrector
This is (by far) the best dark spot corrector on the market today. Made to pack a powerful punch, and turn back the hands of time in a fast-absorbing gel, the Beverly Hills MD Dark Spot Corrector contains these rare ingredients:
- Kakadu Plum. Derived from a unique Northern Australian fruit, this compound offers approximately 100 times more Vitamin C than an orange.
Vitamin C has been shown in clinical trials to boost skin health by supporting levels of collagen, and elastin in the skin for a youthful texture, and appearance. Not only that, but this nutrient also reduced UV damage to healthy skin.3
- DermalRx (Yeast Extract). Works to slough off dead skin cells, and lingering oils to reveal smoother skin texture.
This resurfacing agent is an ideal exfoliant alternative to chemical peels.
- Daisy Flower Extract. This botanical extract is a natural skin lightener, able to reduce the appearance of dark spots, splotches, and other hyperpigmentation without the use of any bleaching agents.
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3). This B complex vitamin is known to increase resistance in the skin to damage caused from your environment. This may help to prevent old dark spots from coming back, while also smoothing overall skin tone.
How is The Beverly Hills MD Dark Spot Corrector Different?
While many dark sport erasers on the market today approach the problem of uneven skin tone with skin bleaches, or topical skin brighteners, the BHMD Dark Spot Corrector is different. Made with natural ingredients, the BHMD Dark Spot Corrector also prevents the premature signs of aging with UV protective ingredients, antioxidants, as well as restorative vitamins, minerals, and other vitamin-like substances to boost the health of each skin cell from the inside out. It’s like a highly-concentrated multivitamin for your skin!
Can I Use the Beverly Hills MD Dark Spot Corrector?
The Dark Spot Corrector from Beverly Hills Dr. Payman Danielpour, and Dr. John Layke from the Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery Group was formulated to help prevent premature skin damage, that can cause dark spots. Not only that, but the rare plant-derived ingredients in the BHMD Dark Spot Corrector are also designed to restore damaged skin, and eliminate the appearance of the visible signs of aging including dark spots, and uneven skin tone.
The Beverly Hills MD Dark Spot Corrector is quickly becoming the top must-have product for both celebrities in Beverly Hills, and for everyone at home. Make it your secret anti-aging weapon by adding it to your skin care arsenal every day!
- Grant WB. The effect of solar UVB doses and vitamin D production, skin cancer action spectra, and smoking in explaining links between skin cancers and solid tumours.
Eur J Cancer. 2008 Jan; 44(1):12-5.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration. DRUGS. Sunscreen: How to Help Protect Your Skin from the Sun.
- Pumori Saokar Telang. Vitamin C in dermatology. Indian Dermatol Online J. 2013 Apr-Jun; 4(2): 143–146.