If you are looking for a heartburn home remedy you will be thrilled to know that heartburn has nothing to do with your heart, even though some of the symptoms could often be mistaken as those of a heart attack.
The problem here is your digestive system and the specific culprit is the esophagus.
The uncomfortable feeling usually occurs after eating.
Causes of Heartburn
- Women who take birth control pills that contain estrogen and progesterone or are pregnant should watch out for heartburn as estrogens can weaken the esophageal hiatus muscle which keeps stomach acids in the stomach.
- Aspirin and ibuprofen can cause heartburn.
- Many people who have had hiatal hernias often suffer from heartburn.
- Fatty Foods, spicy or highly seasoned foods, acidic and processed foods can also be a cause.
- Smoking and alcohol are always culprits when things go wrong, and they are definitely not left out here.
- Eating to close to bedtime.
- Chronic constipation.
Symptoms of Heartburn
- Feeling bloated.
- Sour taste in the mouth.
- Burning sensation in the chest and/or stomach that is worse when you are lying down.
- A sore throat.
Herbs to use for Heartburn
- Aloe vera juice has anti-inflammatory and pain killing properties.
- Sip on some peppermint tea after a rich meal to help relieve any possible indigestion.
- One of our favorite heartburn home remedies is to make a herbal tea from fresh fennel leaves, flowers and seeds, then sip slowly and see how it reduces the effects of over indulgence in eating and drinking. Munching on fennel seeds will also help ease heartburn effectively.
- And then another good one is Ginger….. which is an amazing plant used for centuries in folklore remedies to relieve heartburn and soothe the whole digestive tract.
Another Heartburn Home Remedy
Make some potato juice by scrubbing the potato and grating it using the small holes of the grater and then drink this juice.
So you ask yourself why this will help with your heartburn?
Simply put, potatoes are rich in Potassium and because potassium is an electrolyte, it allows all muscles to contract, including the smooth muscle tissue lining the digestive tract, which in turn is essential for digestion.
Proper digestion helps to fight heartburn.
So in a nutshell, here are your options for a heartburn home remedy:
- Aloe vera Juice.
- Peppermint Tea.
- Tea from Fennel leaves and seeds, or just munch on fennel seeds.
- Ginger Tea.
- Potato Juice.
- And at the first indication that Heartburn is about to hit, drink a large glass of water, and do not lie down.
Go to the top of Heartburn Home Remedy
Back to the top of our Home Page
Home Remedies Haven.com All Rights Reserved