We bake only the part of the muffin people really love, and stuff it full of juicy blueberries!
Yield: Serves 6
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup natural applesauce
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz. vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. raw turbinado sugar, optional
. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl.
- In a second bowl, beat the egg with the other wet ingredients.
- Fold the wet ingredients in to the dry, then gently add the blueberries.
- Lightly mist the pan with cooking spray, then add the batter. If you choose, sprinkle the tops with raw turbinado sugar.
- Bake about 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Photos by Kacy Meinecke for DietsInReview.com