The Benefits of Pinapple’s are so many we are actually not sure where to start.
Traditional folk medicine credits the pineapple with many healing powers and science has discovered that there is some justification here because the fresh fruit contains a useful enzyme called bromelain.
The skin of the pineapple is where most of the bromelain is located, which is why people who juice for nutritional and medical reasons do not peel or remove the skin beforehand.
So let us start off with a quick recipe on how to make a Pineapple Skin Tea if we want to get these enzymes into our bodies and don’t have a juicer.
Benefits of Pineapple for Digestion
- The enzyme called bromelain breaks down proteins and has been used in medicines for patients who have problems digesting protein.
- The bromelain is also a natural inflammatory that can help reduce the painful inflammation of ulcers.
- Taking chunks of pineapple between courses may just help prevent heartburn.
- In particular, pineapple contains glutamine, a compound that helps protect the lining of the stomach.
- This tropical fruit is loaded with digestive enzymes and proteolytics which have been widely used to relieve heartburn and indigestion.
Benefits of Pineapple for Arthritis
- This same bromelain helps reduce swelling and inflammation in many painful inflammatory conditions such as arthritis. It also helps you digest fibrin, another compound implicated in arthritis.
- To add to all of this pineapples also contain high amounts of Manganese and Vitamin C, both of which are vital for the formation of collagen, the tough, fibrous protein that builds connective tissue such as bone, skin and cartilage.
Benefits of Pineapple for Wrinkles
- Pineapple is a good source of alpha-hydroxyl acids (AHAs). which are used in a great many skin care products.
- It is believed that AHAs help the outer layer of skin to shed old skin cells and grow new ones, and helping to prevent the onset of wrinkles.
- They are also helpful in rejuvenating sun-damaged skin.
Pineapple is high in Soluble Fiber
What a tasty way to help promote healthy bowels, especially for those on the Banting Diet looking for a Banting friendly way to get fiber into your bodies, and help preventing constipation.
Home Remedies Haven.com All Rights Reserved