If you want to lose weight, you’re not alone. In fact, it is estimated that today, about 70% of the United States population over the age of 20 is overweight, or obese.1 And while losing weight is never an easy task, you can reach your goal with a commitment to eating healthy, and performing regular exercise. Over time, you may find that the pounds come off faster with the addition of a few power foods for weight loss.
The Best Foods For Weight Loss
When you have a weight loss goal, no matter how large, or small it is, it helps to add these 5 fat-burning spices to your weight loss menu. All of them have been used for centuries for their medical value, however, today you’ll find that they pack quite a punch in kitchen for your weight loss success. That’s why the ThermaSpice formula from SpiceFit included warming spices in the unique weight loss supplement. Here is how spices work for weight loss, to jumpstart you on your way towards your goal.
5 Best Spices for Weight Loss in The ThermaSpice Formula from SpiceFit
- Cinnamon. This warming spice is one that is traditionally used during the cold, and celebratory winter months. However, you may want to start working it into your weight loss menu, today! Studies have shown that cinnamon’s warming ability does more than just heat up a cup of cocoa. It also has been shown to help maintain balanced blood sugar levels in overweight subjects. In the study, subjects consumed 6 grams of ground cinnamon with a carbohydrate dense breakfast. What they found was that after the meal, participants noticed significantly lower blood sugar levels than those who did not take the cinnamon.2
For this reason, cinnamon may be one of the most effective ways to keep food cravings at bay, as one of the leading causes of cravings is low blood sugar.
- Cumin. This is a slightly spicy ribosome (root herb) that has been used for centuries in a variety of cultures as a medicine, both as a whole root, and in ground form. This spice brings a unique flavor to any dish, and also adds a pop of bright yellow color to your table. In one study on cumin, and weight loss cumin was shown to offer powerful effects on 88 overweight/obese female subjects.
The group of women that consumed 3 grams of cumin with meals for 3 months, noticed many effects on their weight loss. The cumin group had reduced serum levels of fasting cholesterol, triglyceride, and LDL, and increased HDL, along with weight, BMI, waist circumference, fat mass, and its percentage.3
Due to the highly potent medicinal value of cumin, you may also notice a health boost by adding this fat-burning spice to your weight loss menu.4 That is the #1 reason the ThermaSpice formula from SpiceFit added this ancient healing spice to their list of weight loss ingredients.
- Black Pepper. This is one of the easiest ways to boost your calorie burn. Just say, “Pass the pepper, please!” Ground black pepper has also been shown in clinical trials to increase fat metabolism making it one of the best ways to burn more fat. This is due to the content of one active phyto-chemical in ground black pepper called piperine.5
Other Ways to Speed Your Weight Loss
When you want to lose weight, it can feel like an uphill climb, but with the help of weight loss foods like the 5 fat-burning spices listed above, you can get on your way to long-term success. It’s all about a positive attitude, and having a few fat-loss secrets up your sleeve. Like the ThermaSpice formula from SpiceFit!
- The ThermaSpice Formula. SpiceFit contains nature’s best ingredients designed to help you take control of your weight loss results. That’s why every bottle of ThermaSpice from SpiceFit contains spice-driven fat burning ingredients well-known to help you reach your goals faster than a restricted diet, and exercise alone. And all of them were chosen not only for their role in your weight loss, but also because they are all spices with the ability to support your overall health too! There’s never been a better way to get on track for a healthy, fit lifestyle.
- Skip the Scale. When you have a weight loss goal, it is common to actually gain more weight before you lose it. This is because many people don’t realize that when they work out, they also build muscle tissue. While this muscle burns more calories when your body is at rest than fat, it also can cause you to see a higher number on the scale when you weigh in.6 So, skip that! Just ask the trainer at your local gym for a BMI assessment (Body Mass Index). This will give you a number that more accurately reveals your body composition, not just how much you weigh in pounds.
- Try Reducing Calories Gradually. For many people, cravings can set in hard, and fast just after starting a restricted calorie diet. However, many people don’t realize that they can eat anything they want to on what’s called “cheat days” to reduce the power of cravings for their favorite foods they used to love. Remember, that reducing your calorie restriction gradually allows you to say “goodbye” to the foods you used to love in a proper way, so that you don’t feel forced into eating diet foods without getting the pick-me-up from your regular favorites like soda, hot, and gooey mac and cheese, or pizza.
- Practice Portion Control. As you learn to love new foods like salads, and protein shakes you may find that there are a few flavors you don’t love. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t learn to love them, or develop new eating behaviors that help you reach your weight loss goals. One of the best ways to do it is to learn how to measure portions. This can help you to cut back on consuming un-needed calories any time you find yourself stuck in a mindless eating moment.
As a rule of thumb …
One closed fist = 1 cup of carbohydrates, or vegetables
One open palm = 3-5 ounces of protein
One thumb = 1 TBSP fat, peanut butter, or cheese
One fingertip = 1 TSP oil, or butter
- Take Some Credit! Weight loss is not easy, so always remember to treat yourself with a BIG hug, or a pat on the back every day for all of your hard work, and weight loss efforts. You deserve it!
Spices are your secret to faster fat loss! But you don’t have to save all of the fat-burning spices for your table. Add them to your daily weight loss regimen in the exclusive SpiceFit formula of ThermaSpice. Each of the natural ingredients in ThermaSpice was included to support your long-term weight loss success. So, what are you waiting for? Take advantage of the SpiceFit formula, today!
- Obesity and Overweight. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. CDC.
- Effect of Ground Cinnamon on Postprandial Blood Glucose Concentration in Normal-Weight and Obese Adults. Ball State University.
- Effect of cumin powder on body composition and lipid profile in overweight and obese women. October 2013/November 2014.
- Aftab Ahmad, Asif Husain. A review on therapeutic potential of Nigella sativa: A miracle herb. Asian Pac J Trop Biomed. 2013 May; 3(5): 337–352.
- Ui-Hyun Park, Hong-Suk Jeong. Piperine, a Component of Black Pepper, Inhibits Adipogenesis by Antagonizing PPARγ Activity in 3T3-L1 Cells. J. Agric. Food Chem., 2012, 60 (15), pp 3853–3860.
- Controversies in Metabolism. Paige Kinucan and Len Dravitz, Ph.D.