A hearty vegetarian dinner that’s light, easy, and satisfying.
Yield: serves 4
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1, 4″ sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 12 oz. cooked and drained white beans
- 6 cups kale, trimmed and sliced into ribbons
- 1/4 lemon, juiced
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes and poke them in a few places with a fork. Place them on a baking sheet and bake until soft all the way through, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Start the beans and greens about 15-20 minutes before potatoes are done. In a wide, deep saucepan with a cover, heat olive oil over low-med heat. Add shallots and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, rosemary, and red pepper flakes, stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add the beans, cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the kale, cover the pan, and cook until the kale is soft, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the rosemary sprig, stir in the lemon juice, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, slice each sweet potato lengthwise and push on the ends to open up the middle. Spoon the beans and greens into the center. Enjoy!
Photos by Kacy Meinecke for DietsInReview.com