This rich and decadent dessert takes only minutes to make with fresh summer strawberries and a sweet balsamic reduction.
Yield: serves 1
- 1 cup reduced-fat vanilla ice cream (or choice of vanilla frozen treat)
- 1 cup, or 8 large, strawberries
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- Wash and trim the strawberries.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add the vinegar and sugar. Stir just a minute or two, until the sugar has melted and a syrup has formed.
- Place the strawberries in a blender with the milk and scoop of ice cream. Blend on high until well combined.
- Pour in to a glass and drizzle the top with the syrup. Enjoy!!
Photos by Kacy Meinecke for DietsInReview.com