A clean eating dessert that’s entirely decadent!
Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 – 15 oz. can pumpkin pure
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup agave
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk (or coconut milk)
- 2/3 cup oat flour
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- pecans, optional
Maple Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- To prepare the whipped cream, beat the cream on high until it begins to thicken and gets slightly stiff. Add syrup, vanilla and cinnamon. Continue whipping the cream until it forms stiff peaks. Store in fridge and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 cup muffin tin with silicone liners, greased foil liners, or spray the cups directly. (Paper liners are too difficult to remove, but all other options work great.)
- Mix the pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and milk. Add the flour, pumpkin spice, salt, baking powder and baking soda to the mixture.
- Fill each muffin cup with 1/3 cup of the mixture. Bake for 20 minutes, let cool for 20 minutes in the pan. NOTE: If you are making mini muffins, adjust cook time to 10-12 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and chill for 30 minutes. Top with maple whipped cream and sprinkle more pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon. Garnish with pecan halves.
photos by Kacy Meinecke for DietsInReview.com