Make your own protein bars and enjoy a classic flavor blast from the past!
Yield: yields 10-12 balls
- 10 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup almonds (unsalted, plain, whole almonds)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 vanilla bean (scoop out the flesh)
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- Place the dates in a food processor and chop until broken in to small pieces. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until it forms a fine, crumbly mixture. If you can pinch the crumbs and they sticks between your fingers, you’re there.
- Measure 1 Tbsp. scoops and carefully form the balls with your hands.
- Optional Prep: A) Press into a cake pan to make bars. B) Drizzle melted dark chocolate over the tops.
Photos by Kacy Meinecke for DietsInReview.com