Before we go into the Benefits of Pomegranate Juice let’s have a quick squiz at the history of the Pomegranate.
Pomegranate (Punica granatum) is derived from the Latin name for “fruit of many seeds.”
It has become quite a trendy fruit in the last year or so and is been used more and more in fine dining recipes and venues.
King Midas reigned in the eighth century BC in ancient Turkey and evidence was collected from his tomb in 1957 that this fruit with spiny tipped branches, bright scarlet flowers and reddish yellow fruit about the size of an orange, has been around since the time of this ancient King.
What makes Pomegranates so good for us?
- It is rich in enzymes.
- As well as amino acids, vitamins C, A nd E.
- It contains potassium, calcium and phosphorus.
- It is a powerful anti-oxidant.
You will be completely astonished when you read the long list of what ailments pomegranate juice can help with, either to cure, or soothe the symptoms of.
So we are going to jump straight in by giving you the list of these afflictions.
Benefits of Pomegranate Juice for Erectile Dysfunction
- The Juice from the pomegranate seeds is believed to be a potent anti-oxidant, and supposedly even more so than red wine and even much more than green tea.
- Drinking this juice, it is believed, could also improve erectile function in men with mild to moderate ED.
- Now we are going to get a little technical here when we say that it protects nitric oxide (NO) in a continuing battle against oxidative stress which has an effect on certain biological systems i.e. Erectile Dysfunction.
- Sounds complicated, so as always, we at Home Remedies Haven will simplify this statement by saying that long terms use of this juice may help combat erectile dysfunction, backing up ancient aphrodisiac home remedy claims about this tasty juice.
- This is not a scientific fact, but somehow the “ancient ones” knew things that we are only busy testing….. you would lose nothing by making this fruit part of your daily diet.
Pomegranate Juice for Diarrhoea
The Pomegranate is often referred to as the Biblical Fruit and through the years has been used to treat diarrhoea. The seeds seem to help bind the bowels.
Pomegranate and Arthritis
It has been reported that one of the benefits of pomegranate juice is that it is ranked as a superfood which can relieve inflammation in cartilage cells, thereby making it useful to arthritis sufferers.
There ae studies underway to see if it can, in fact, help repair damaged cartilage.
Back to the top of Benefits of Pomegranate Juice
To our Home Page
Home Remedies Haven.com All Rights Reserved